8.4. Removal and installation of the lever of switching of RKPP 716.644
Details of installation of the lever of gear shifting of RKPP 716.644 (ML 270 CDI)
- Details of installation of the lever of switching of RKPP 716.644 are shown on an illustration to which all references which are found in the text belong.
- Include neutral transfer.
- Remove the handle and a cover of the lever of switching.
- Remove a protective cover (3) - try not to bend lock uvulas excessively.
- Turn out a bolt (15).
- Release clamps and remove a boot (4) - try not to bend lock uvulas excessively.
- Give nuts (16) and remove a bolted plate (17).
- Turn out bolts (14), disconnect the back driveshaft (13) from the transfer case (9), take it aside and tie up to a car frame, without allowing creation of excessive loads of the cardan hinge and assembly of the central bearing (see the Head Podvesk and steering).
- Disconnect an electrical wiring (10) from an executive electric motor.
- Prop up transmission (7) and give nuts (11).
- Slightly you priopustit transmission assembly, - try not to damage lines of communication.
- Having unblocked, take a fixing pin (6) and disconnect from transmission (7) lever assembly (1).
- Having pulled down, remove assembly (1).
- Installation is made upside-down, - track that at connection to the lever (5) of a rod of switching (8) the guide on the lever was on the party of the lock of turning on of the reverse gear in the basis of lever assembly (1) (shooter).
- In conclusion check serviceability of functioning of the mechanism of switching.