2.6.3. Features of operation of the cars equipped with the three-functional catalytic converter
The three-functional catalytic converter is a highly effective element of system of decrease in toxicity of the fulfilled gases and is switched on in structure of system of release. In a working element of the converter there is a reburning of the fulfilled gases at high temperature for the purpose of decrease in level of content in them in toxic components.
- During the operation of the engine components of system of production of the fulfilled gases can be warmed to very high temperatures, - try not to touch the warmed elements and not to park on the platforms covered with easily flammable objects (fallen leaves, a dry grass, garbage, etc.).
- Do not use ethylated gasoline for gas station of the car equipped with the catalytic converter, - the lead which is contained in it in high concentration is laid on surfaces of a working element of the converter, in an essential measure reducing efficiency of its functioning.
- You watch correctness of settings and adjustments of the engine. Deviations at installation of working parameters of systems of ignition, injection of fuel and engine management can lead to the dangerous reenrichment of air-fuel mix fraught with an overheat of the catalytic converter. At emergence of admissions of ignition operation of the car should be suspended until elimination of causes of defect, - the fuel which did not warm at the admission of ignition from the combustion chamber gets to the converter where can easily ignite (for the same reason it is necessary to avoid starts of the engine by method of towage or pushing).
- You watch fuel consumption, try not to allow its full development which is usually interfaced to emergence of admissions of ignition (see the previous point).
- Begin the movement only after warming up of the engine up to the normal working temperature.