11.3. Check of serviceability of functioning of the vacuum amplifier of brakes
Check of serviceability of functioning of the vacuum amplifier of brakes
- Illustrative material on check of serviceability of functioning of the vacuum amplifier of brakes is presented on an illustration to which all references which are found in the text belong.
- Connect the vacuum gage (030) to the brake amplifier (16) and several pressing a pedal of a foot brake dump depression in a vacuum path.
- Connect a tester (051) to a support of the brake mechanism.
- Connect the measuring instrument (060) to a pedal of a foot brake.
- Start the engine and a sharp otpuskaniye of the squeezed-out accelerator pedal create the required depression (0.75 ÷ 0.80 bar) in a vacuum path.
- If depression falls at once, or its depth is insufficient, it is necessary to check a condition of the sealing ring established between the servo-driver of the vacuum amplifier and GTTs, also the probability of failure of the control valve in the vacuum line is not excluded. Check retaining valve (see the Section Check of Retaining Valve). Replace the failed components.
- Squeezing out a pedal with the required efforts, consider the indication of a tester. Compare results of measurements to requirements of Specifications.
- Disconnect the measuring instrument (060) from a pedal, disconnect a tester (051) and the vacuum gage (030).
- Pump over the brake system (see the Section Pumping of the Brake System).